Tuesday 24 January 2012

Pitch Feedback

The feedback I received from my magazine pitch has allowed me to reconsider some of my ideas so that the final draft of my magazine is just right. 

One of the things I got feedback about was my desired colour scheme - black, red, gold, and white - red is quite common in other magazines to match with the colours I'd chosen. Therefore, to make my own magazine unique I've decided that I want to have purple instead of red in my colour scheme, as purple is still a bold colour which will blend in well with the other colours I've selected (black, gold, and white). In addition, from this feedback I've decided to have the masthead on the front cover of my magazine in gold as it's a rare colour that's used, especially on a front cover, so it will add to the originality of my magazine. My magazine will stand out by using this exclusive colour palette - black, purple, gold, and white. Gold isn't used much in many magazines and using it for the R&B/hip-hop genre will portray the connotations of class, wealth, and how the genre is a multi-billion dollar industry, as gold is a flashy colour. Moreover, I've decided that I want the outline of my model to be in gold as this will draw consumers' attention to them, so it'll make them look conspicuous thereby encouraging sales as the target audience of youth aged from 16-28 are usually attracted to appealing innovation.    


The type of music lover that would buy my magazine is obviously someone who is interested in the R&B/hip-hop genre (my magazine is aimed at a niche audience). People who are interested in this kind of music are usually from urban backgrounds.


I've also come to a definite decision about the name of my magazine; I want to name it YOLO, an acronym for 'You Only Live Once' (obviously the meaning of the acronym will be displayed somewhere - ideally in the top third of the front cover so it's easily distinguished by readers). This name has been inspired from a song by Drake (featuring Lil Wayne) called 'The Motto'. I think this would be an ideal name for a hip-hop/R&B magazine as a lot of singers/rappers live up to the acronym - it sums up how they live their lives to the fullest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment