Tuesday 28 February 2012

Teacher Feedback

Teacher Feedback

Through the feedback I have received, I will improve the front cover of my magazine by repositioning the meaning of the acronym (You Only Live Once) used for the magazine name, perhaps vertically down the side of the masthead, and make the image of my model bigger in order to make use of the space well. Also, I will alter my model's skin tone as the colour clashes with the masthead colour and modify the positioning of the genre description (The Way Of R&B/Hip-hop Life) as part of it isn't visible enough as it's slightly cut off by the image of my model. Furthermore, I will alter the rest of the images of my model used for the contents page and double-page spread as well as the image used on the front cover in Photoshop to get rid of the flash which reflects off my model's shades. I've decided that I want to use aspects of the airbrush technique on my images as well to give them a more professional, smooth finish. In addition, I will reposition the cover lines neatly and change the colour of the purple-coloured cover line that says 'BEST ARTIST OF THE YEAR' as the colour clashes with my model's t-shirt. I will add effects to the typography to make it stand out more and use several different font styles too.

I will improve the contents page by sharpening the title as it looks blurry and reposition it so that it starts on the far left of the page, and move 'FEATURES' down slightly as it's too close to the title of the page. Moreover, I will experiment with the typography by selecting a number of different font styles and use text effects to make it attention-grabbing. Furthermore, I will reconsider using the colour purple for both the subheadings and description of the articles.

The double-page spread will be improved by moving the title of the page over to the left-hand side and leaving space between the subheading of the page and the actual article. Also, the title will be resized so that it's larger, taking up more of the width of the page. In addition, I will make the quote look more eye-catching by adding a text effect to it and extend the double-page spread article by adding more questions and answers to get rid of the white space and resize the text as it's oversized, ending the article with news about the artist's album/gigs to make it more interesting for readers. To make sure that my spelling, punctuation, and grammar is accurate, I will read through the article and make any necessary changes to make sure it is written with technical accuracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment