Friday 3 February 2012

First Draft Article for Double-page Spread

New artist in the city, K. P., gives an insight into his new way of life.

Q: P. Diddy was the one who noticed your combined singing and rapping skills. What was your reaction when he first approached you at Mynt Lounge?

K. P.: I was in total shock! I couldn’t come to terms with having my favourite inspirational artist of all time standing right in front of me – the main man who I grew up listening to as a kid. After my performance at the club, he pulled me aside for a chat and we had a couple of drinks. We then talked about what it would mean to me if I became part of the rap game. I said that it would be the best thing that would ever happen to me in my whole life. I don’t wanna do it just for myself; I wanna do it for my family too. I wanna make 'em proud and thank them for making me who I am today. Next, Diddy said “well you can make that dream turn into reality right now with my help, if you want it that is”. I was completely lost for words; I was totally astonished but was feeling excited at the same time. I think my face must have said it all 'cause then that was the point he actually dropped the question and asked me if I wanted to be signed to his record label. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing! I literally had to pinch myself (laughs)! I think I’ll remember that moment for the rest of my life.

Q: Yeah, you sure will…moment for life! It’s amazing how dreams can turn into reality when you push yourself to go on; what motivated you to carry on pursuing your dream?    

K. P.: Well singing and rapping has been something I’ve been doing since the age of 11 and I’ve loved nothing more than doing that. Writing songs and singing or rapping them has allowed me to express my emotions freely and I’ve always loved doing it – it’s made me an enhanced person mentally, so I feel better about myself and when I felt the ‘free spirit’ when I did sing or rap I knew that this was what I want to do for the rest of my life. I thought that if I wanna do it for the rest of my life I’ve gotta go for it and earn it. And ‘you only live once’ as you say, so there’s no point in living life not doing what you wanna do. My family have supported me all the way too and knew that I had some “raw talent” I need to put into action. Without them I wouldn’t be living my dream either. They’ve been there through thick and thin.

Q: True say. You’ve gotta do something in life which you enjoy, YOLO! Were there times where you felt you weren’t going to succeed?

K. P.: To be honest, yes there were many. I use to get quite a few negative thoughts pass by in my mind but I just had to shut my mind off and listen to my intuition. I wasn’t gonna back down. Most of all I thank God for giving me the strength and courage to fulfill my dream because if it wasn’t for Him I wouldn’t be living it right now.

Q: So how is life different now being in the spotlight constantly?

K. P.: My life is in the fast lane! It’s flying by so quickly now. I’ve already got my new album, ‘Ecstasy’, out now as well. I’m continuously in the studio though producing records and then part of my career is obviously partying as well, so I have a lot of early mornings and late nights. Even though I miss my sleep, I do look forward to waking up and knowing that I’ve gotta go to the studio or rehearse for a performance. People think that living this kinda life is easy but it’s not. To be and stay in the game you’ve gotta go hard no matter what.  

Q: Why did you decide to call your album ‘Ecstasy’?

K. P.: It just sums up who I am and the life I’m living right now. I’ve also learnt that you’ve gotta live life to the fullest 'cause things only happen once, so you’ve gotta cherish every moment in life and forget the mistakes you made, but learn from them. The most important thing in life is to be happy and have fun!   

Above is a taster of what my double-page spread article may consist of. Due to this article being a first draft, some questions and answers may change and other things may be added to the final draft of the double-page spread article in order to make it interesting for readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment